This article is written by guest contributor Katie Conroy from Advicemine.
Looking for a new home? Well, if you intend to start looking in the next few months, you should know that house hunting has never looked so different! With COVID-19 lockdowns still in place across the country, real estate agents and brokers are turning to online tools now more than ever. But what does that mean for you as a buyer? It means that shopping for your dream home has never been easier, as you can literally do so from the comfort of your own home. Wondering how to get started with your virtual home search? Throw on your comfy clothes, grab some snacks, and start reading through these home buying tips, tricks, and resources.
Start by Using Virtual Tools to Find Your Perfect Home
You already shop online for clothes, essentials, and groceries, so why not shop online for your dream home? Virtual tools make finding your new home simple.
- 3D walkthroughs allow you to really picture yourself in a home, and you can get started by simply downloading an app to your phone.
- With virtual staging tools, you can see every home’s true potential. Sellers use these tools to stage homes but you can use them to “decorate” empty rooms.
- Video conferencing tools allow you to see potential new homes in realtime and discuss features, offers, and other details with sellers and real estate agents.
Then Use Online Tools to Plan Out Your Budget and Finances
Thinking about finances can be pretty boring. However, this step is absolutely crucial when you’re buying a new home and online tools make the process easier.
- Real estate websites make it super simple to find housing market information in Gilbert so you will know what to expect when it comes to home prices.
- Online calculators take the guesswork out of figuring out just how much home you can afford without getting in over your head.
- Insights from financial experts make figuring out fast mortgage options and other money matters concerning your home purchase less of a hassle.
- Budgeting apps make saving for a down payment or closing costs easy.
Next, Use Online Resources to Take the Stress Out of Your Move
- Moving checklists help you plan out every step of your move from start to finish. You can even print this one out so you will have it with you no matter what!
- Moving company reviews will take the stress and hassle out of finding reliable movers you can trust with your belongings.
- Find packing tips and tricks so that you don’t end up with broken glasses or a broken heart because you forgot to pack that all-important “day-of” box.
- COVID-19 moving tips can help you navigate every element of your move, from booking hotels during lockdowns to staying safe when interacting with your movers.
Finding a new home during a global pandemic doesn’t have to be complicated. You just need to familiarize yourself with the most helpful tools and resources that are being used in today’s real estate market. Then, you can complete your home search and each step of the process without ever leaving the comfort of your current home. So, stay safe and stay smart while you use those tools to find and buy your new home!
Photo Credit: Rawpixel